When will the Central Library open to the public?
The Central Library building was closed until further notice in May 2021. Read the press release issued on May 4, 2021 for further information. Until a retrofit can be completed, the building will not be open to the public.
We are working to identify and secure alternate site(s) for the services, materials and programs located at Central Library, including materials, Law Room and Business collections and services, and Reference and historic materials and research services focused on Pasadena and Pasadena history. Please check the Library website for updates, and contact staff for questions and assistance.
- The Jefferson Branch Library Children and Teen Services offers programs, materials and services for children, teens and their families. See address, hours, and contact information at https://www.cityofpasadena.net/library/branches/jefferson-branch-childrens-and-teen-services/
- Law Room databases provided through a partnership with LA Law Library, are currently available to use at Hastings Branch Library
- Books, audiobooks, DVDs, and other circulating materials have been distributed to branch locations and are available. Remaining materials at Central Library are currently being transferred to offi-site storage, which will make them available for checkout. Materials already transferred are visible in the catalog with a location of "Off-Site Storage" and holds can be placed for pickup at a branch library. This will include Reference materials, which will be available for hold and will be transferred for use inside a branch library building.
- Innovation Lab equipment is being identified to relocate to branch library locations, including La Pintoresca, Jefferson, and Hastings, as well as other branches-please check our website and branch pages for updated information on available Innovation Lab equipment, programs and services.
- STEAM kits, board games, video games and other circulating collections are relocated to and currently available at branch libraries.
- Staff can in many cases assist with Pasadena history research and questions, please submit requests for research or enquire about local history materials at https://cityofpasadena.libanswers.com/ or call a branch library to make a request.
- All branch locations offer public Internet computers for use (one session per user per day) with a Pasadena Public Library card, as well as circulating chromebooks and hotspots.