Answered By: Shauna Redmond Last Updated: Sep 18, 2015 Views: 116
Answered By: Shauna Redmond
Last Updated: Sep 18, 2015 Views: 116
- We have job listings from a variety of sources available at the Central Library including state and city government openings as well as openings at CalTech and other schools in the area. There are also several periodicals available; such as Jobs Available and California Job Journal.
- Each library site has computers with Internet connection and word processing software available for use by library customers to conduct their job search or type resumes and cover letters. Laptop users can also access the Internet wirelessly at each location.
- Computer classes are offered. For detailed class schedules check the library newsletter http://cityofpasadena.net/library/news_events/newsletter/.
- La Pintoresca Branch Library provides career assistance to job seekers on a regular basis. Other branch libraries also offer career programs periodically. Check the library newsletter for upcoming programs http://cityofpasadena.net/library/news_events/newsletter/.
- If you're too busy to come to the library, you can also try the library's electronic resources from your home computer available at http://cityofpasadena.libguides.com/. Career Transitions is a one-stop resource for people going through career change with a guided, self-paced application that takes the user step by step through the process of finding a new career - assessing strengths and interest, exploring new opportunities, preparing a resume, finding educational opportunities and networking advice, performing a comprehensive job search and applying online, http://cityofpasadena.libguides.com/Career helps you find occupational information (salaries, advancements, outlook, etc.) and popular job search websites as well as government jobs - federal, state, county, and city - Learning Express Library is a database of practice tests and study guides on a variety of exams such as military, civil service, real estate, nursing and teaching. It also provides online trainings on job search and networking skills, creating resumes, and interviewing. Digital Library allows you to download career books to listen to from a portable device or read from your computer. All of these resources are free to library users.